Bach by Scott Ross
- Production companies: Warner Music - Parlophone Records (UK) / INA
- Broadcaster / Distributor: Warner Music - Parlophone Records (UK)
- Type of use: Commerciale
Upon his return to France at the end of 1983, Scott Ross signed with Erato, and gradually became their resident harpsichordist. There he indulged his appetite for recording ‘Complete Works’, which he released at a dizzying pace over the next 5 years until his death.
These studio recordings, almost all of which are posthumous releases, form the core of this Bach boxed set, plus several lesser- known organ recordings and harpsichord discs, many of which are previously unreleased. Assembled here, they form the bulk of the ‘Complete Works’ project that Scott Ross had envisaged.
INA contributed the following recordings, which can all be found on CD #11 of the set:
Scott Ross recital at the 34th music festival of Besançon broadcasted on France Musique on September 16, 1981
- English Suite No. 3 in G minor BWV 808 (18'15'')
- Prelude, Fugue, and Allegro in E-flat major BMW 998 for lute or keyboard (8'50'')
- Toccata in E minor BWV 914 (6'40'')
Concert of the Mosaiques Ensemble with Scott Ross broadcasted on France Musique on January 28, 1987
- Concerto for keybord and orchestra in No. 5 in F minor BWV 1056 (11’30)
Heures musicales du Mont Saint Michel : harpsichord recital (Scott Ross with Huguette Gremy Chauliac) broadcasted on France Musique on October 15, 1984
- Brandenburg Concerto Noin B-flat major BWV 1051 (15'10) – Transcription by Kennet Gilbert