Dalida – 25th anniversary box set
- Production companies: Universal Music France
- Broadcaster / Distributor: Universal Music France
- Type of use: Commercial
The boxed set retraces the remarkable career of Dalida. Her fans’ love for the singer has remained intact, and today new generations are discovering the career of the Egyptian diva. She recorded her first 45 rpm single for Barclay, Madonna, on the astute recommendation of Lucien Morisse in 1955. But the real breakthrough for Dalida came with Bambino in the following year. It marked the beginning of a magnificent musical career, unfortunately punctuated by sad events in her personal life, leading eventually to her suicide in 1987.
For the 25th anniversary of her tragic death in 1987, the complete edition from Universal features all Dalida’s releases from the very first recordings to the last hits, along with live tracks of highlights from the singer’s concert performances.
CDs 1 to 19 – All the original “Barclay-Orlando” record releases in French
Including tracks never before available on CD
CD 20 - Unreleased and rare recordings…
Including tracks never previously available in any form, rare versions, and tracks never before released on CD…
CDs 21 & 22 – Live recordings
- A number of Musicorama recordings, including “La nuit des Oscars”, Olympia 1975 (full footage of programme – never previously released on CD)
- All the emblematic openings of her concert tours, featuring her first nights at Olympia and the Palais des Sports…
CD 23 & 24 – Rare full-length interview recordings
- Radioscopie interviews (9 January 1970 and 31 December 1979)
Recordings of interviews for Sonorama magazine (January 1959 and February 1961)